This page contains links to General legal information available on the Internet. It includes links to litigation information involving: hip replacement implants, latex allergy, automotive peeling paint, abortion rights, Walmart, Firearms, toxic torts, carpal tunnel, Americans with Disabilities Act, Automobile collisions, products liability, insurance, Beryllium exposure, DOJ Class Action, Elder law, vinyl Chloride, breast implant, tobacco, and more.
Medical, Toxicology and Chemical Hazards information is available on the Medical-Toxicology page. Sites with useful information on Consumer law are available on the Consumer Information page. Anatomy, Insurance Industry, and Public Records information are available on the Legal Reference page. Federal Court Rules and Opinions are available on the Federal Law Links page. A site search for other information may be conducted on the Search page. Use this hyperlink for information on Post Judgment Interest Rates. For Automobile, Highway, Airplane and Rail Safety Information, including crash and defect information available on the web visit the Auto & Transportation Safety page. For Information on Expert Witness, visit the Expert page. For information about additional litigation sites available please see Other Class Action Litigation Sites.
Sites Devoted to Litigation Information
COX-2 Drug Litigation
- MDL-1657 Vioxx Products Liability Litigation
- Drug Injury Watch
- Prescription Access Litigation (PAL)
This website is a consumer friendly site working to lower drug prices using class action litigation and public education.
- Vioxx Lawsuit News
Find information about Vioxx alternatives, lawsuit news, general Vioxx drug information, and a resource page offering links to alternative arthritis treatment and arthritis information.
- Vioxx, Celebrex, Bextra Recall News
- Vioxx ® (rofecoxib) Information Center
This Merck sponsored site contains Vioxx litigation information, Company Statements, Regulatory and Congressional Hearing Information, Timellines and Scientific Background Information. While there is a company disclaimer that the information posted should not be relied upon as current or accurate after the issuance date, there is curent litigation information.
- MDL-1355 Propulsid Product Liability Litigation
The latest developments in the Propulsid II Settlement Program are detailed on the Court's website along with links to information about Orders, Reports, Forms, Court Transcripts, the settlement program and supplemental agreements.
- (Attorney Site)Recalls: Your American Rights
A historical development of the concernssurrounding Propulsid. This information was last updated in 2005.
Diet Drug Litigation
On September 15, 1997 the Food and Drug Administration announced the voluntary market withdrawal of Fenfluramine and Dexfenfluramine (Fen-Phen). This recall was prompted cases reported to the FDA of a valvular disease occurring in women taking a combination of fenfluramine and phentermine ("fen-phen" combination therapy) or fen-phen alone.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
- Fen Phen and PPH
- Background Information on Fen-Phen
- FenPhen MDL - 1203
This MDL 1203 website is the official website for Action No. 1203, In Re: Diet Drugs. Information and links related to the court ordered plan for the pro rata refund of certain assessments paid into the MDL 1203 account (dated August 20, 2008) are included. Also included are information and links to Generic Deposition Notices related to MDL 1203 with several links to the Seventh Amendment which explains the creation of a new Supplemental Class Settlement Fund
Fosamax is a bisphosphonate manufactured by Merck & Co. that is used to slow down, prevent and/or treat osteoporosis. Fosamax belongs to a class of drugs (bisphosphonates) that also includes Actonel (Proctor and Gamble), Boniva (Roche Pharmaceuticals), Aredia (Novartis), and Zometa (Novartis). ONJ (osteonecrosis) which involves a dead or rotting jawbone may been linked to the use of bisphosphonates and is having an impact on litigation brought against the makers of bisphosphonates.
Provides information about fosamax, its history, possible side effects and an attorney contact form.
- CNNMoney:Fosamax, Merck's other drug problem
CNNMoney examines the complaints brought against Fosamax and Merck.
- Daily News Central: Health News
An April 2006 article from Health News exploring the connection between Fosamax and osteonecrosis.
Credit Card Abuses and Litigation
- Wells v. Chevy Chase Bank, F.S.B.
Baltimore Court Preliminarily Approves Class Action Settlement Between TLPJ, JPMorganChase Bank and Chevy Chase Bank Over Allegedly Excessive Interest Charges to Credit Cardholders...(Read TLPJ Press Release).
For additional details visit Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- American Express Credit Cards
A consumer complaint website with class action information regarding American Express. Find information about a variety of class actions brought against American Express.
- U.S. Pirg
Pirg's links and comments regarding S. 256 supported by credit card companies
- H.R. 5244: Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2008
This bill has been passed by the House and next goes to be voted on in the Senate. Last Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and URban Affairs (Oct. 2, 2008)
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System proposal to prohibit unfair practices regarding credit cards May 2008
- Merchant Credit Card Abuses
This financial guide explains what merchant can legally ask you to provide when making a credit card purchase.
- Center for Responsible Lending
A resource for predatory lending opponents
National Consumer Law Center
An examination of issues raised by credit cards - comments of NCLC and others re: Proposed Rulemaking to Prohibit Unfair or Deceptive acts...2008 along with current press releases.
DES Drug Victim Support and Litigation Information
- DES Victims Support Group with Lawyer
Provides support information and advocacy for individuals effected by DES
- DES Cancer Network
Information, history and a time line for DES
- CDC'S DES Update
This site is maintained by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to provide the latest, complete and accurate information about DES
- National Cancer Institute
A fact sheet provided by the National Cancer Institute to answer questions concerning DES
- Registry for Research on Hormonal Transplacental Carcinogenesis
This is an international registry of cancer patients who may or may not have been exposed to disthylstilbestrol (DES)
- Securities Class Action Clearinghouse
This Stanford Law School site provides information about the jprosecution, defense and settlement of federal class action securities fraud litigation. Also find a 2008 Mid-Year Assessment of Securities Class Action Filings by Cornerstone Research.
- LexisNexis: Legal News/Securities
This securities law page covers recent news abstracts in securities litigation and securities law. Access to the full reports must be purchased.
- Thomson Reuters News & Insight: Securities Law
Featuring content from Westlaw, find abstracts about the latest securities litigation.
- Pace Law School: Investor Rights Project
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sponsors this site and provides information about the SEC, filings & forms, regulatory actions, investor information and news & public statements.
- Tobacco Litigation News
Tobacco.org is offered as a free resource for information about tobacco and smoking issues. Find tobacco news,tobacco headlines with links to tobacco articles, information, tobacco alerts and other issues impacting tobacco, nicotine, cigarettes and cigars.
- Action on Smoking and Health
An antismoking non-profit organization that provides articles concerning smoking as it effects child custody, class action litigation, toxins and current actions involving tobacco companies.
- Tobacco Products Liability Project
TPLP is a division of the Public Health Advocacy Institute and provides press releases, commentary and opinions regarding recent tobacco rulings. Public Health Advocacy Institute is a legal research center that focuses on public health law.
- Smoke free forever Links
A variety of links and resources to you stop smoking.
- GLOBALink:Tobacco Control Links and Info
Managed by the International Union against cancer there are links to national and international news articles about tobacco.
- Gasp.org - Virginia Anti-Smoking Group
Covers legislative efforts being made in Virgina in the anti-smoking movement.
- Surgeon General
The Office of the Surgeon General offers information about Tobacco Cessation.
- Tobacco Litigation Documents
The University of California, San Francisco offers tobacco litigation documents in digital form.
Nicotine and Carbon Monoxide Testing Results from FTC (PDF)
This report was produced by the Federal Trade Commission in 1998 and examined qualities present in the smoke of domestic cigarettes.
This R.J.Reynolds site discusses smoking & health, legal & regulatory issues, company press releases and general company information.
- United States of America v. Philip Morris Incorporated, et al.
In August 2006 US District Judge Kessler ruled against major tobacco companies finding they had violated civil racketeering laws (RICO)
- Russian Officials sue British American Tobacco -2008
Russia's top health officer is suing British American Tobacco. In Russia, however, it is impossible to commence a class action.
- Tobacco Class Action Decisions
British American Tobacco has published an explanation of class actions and a summary or 3 class actions brought in the US against tobacco companies.
- Smoking Causes Web-Links
A pro-smoking website that cites research that is said to repudiate anti-smoking research.
- Open Directory Project Links
Links to a variety of sources dealing with tobacco and substance abuse.
Breast Implant Litigation Sites
- MDL926 Breast Implant
Last updated in 2001 the settlement process is documented in the Dow Corning Implant class action.
- Breast Implant Litigation Update
New Cure dealines for disease and rupture claims are listed. Some of these deadlines now extend into 2008.
Implant Resource Groups
Names of companies, consumer groups and other resource groups involved in breast implant issues are listed along with their contact information.
- Summary of
the Report of the National Science Panel on Breast Implants
This report was prepared by court-appointed experts to examine existing studies, analyze the relationship between implants and connective tissue diseases and speculate on the validity of contrary opinions to their findings.
Vinyl Chloride Litigation
- Vinyl Chloride
- Vinyl Chloride InfoCenter
Information about vinyl chloride diseases, FAQs, consumer exposure and other facts related to vinyl chloride.
- The Nation: Cancer, Chemicals, and History
This 2005 article provides history behind chemical companies, chemical exposure and their impact on the working conditions of workers in chemical plants.
- Attorney Site: Ohio and Vinyl Chloride
Addresses the diseases that may occur from exposure to vinyl chloride. Links to a variety of information sources are provided including 1998 articles from The Houston Chronicle providing a history of the chemical companies knowledge about the dangers of vinyl chloride.
Elder Law Issues and Litigation
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Gray Areas of the Law: Evolving Issues in Elder Law
- AARP: Elder Law Forum Newsletter
- Foundation Aiding the Elderly
- The Coalition of Institutionalized Aged and Disabled
- Friends and Relatives of Institutionalized Aged
- Center for Medicare Advocacy, Inc.
Americans with Disabilities Suits and Law
- Disability Rights Education Defense Fund
- A Guide to Disability Rights Laws
- CRS Report for Congress: Oct.12,2005
- Disability Law: Periodic Updates
DOJ Class Action in Federal Claims Court
Beryllium Exposure and Disease Site
- Beryllium Compensation and Information
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- >Beryllium Exposure & Berylliosis
- Dangerous Drugs and Defective Medical Products
A discussion of drug approval precedes a list of pharmaceutical product liability case studies
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
View list of recalled products by the month.
- Defective and Dangerous Products
- Litigation Over Dangerous Products: Attorney Sponsored Site
- Product Liability and Microbial Foodborne Illness
- Wikipedia: Product Liability
- Product Liability Law
- Products Liability Law: Includes Drug Tort Litigation
- Products Liability Web Sites
- Allstate Information Exchange
- Allstate Agents Class Action
- Automobile Repair Class Action Information
- Life Insurance Industry Class Actions
- Allstate and Progressive Insurance Unofficial Messages
- FindLaw's Legal Comentary:
Homeowners Insurance Litigation after Hurricane Katrina
Americans With Disabilities Act Litigation
- ADA DOJ Home Page
- Mesothelioma Resource Guide
- Asbestos Information
- Asbestos Article
- Mesothelioma Facts and Information Newsletter
Carpal Tunnel and Workers Compensation
- Chicago Legal Net
- Medical News Today
- Computer Related Repetitive Strain Injury: Information and Multiple Links
- Diagnoses and treatment of work-related carpal tunnel syndrome (OCTS)
- General Information
- Proving Toxic Torts: A Primer on Pharmacokinetics
- Mold Contamination: Toxic Tort and Property Claims
- Firearms Litigation Clearinghouse
- Violence Policy Center
- Why Firearms Litigation?
- Gun Litigation in the Mass Tort Context
- Easy Target: Anti-Gun Litigation
- Suing the Gun Industry